All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis text can be used for two quite different purposes. It can be used as a reference book for the PDElPROTRAN user* who wishes to kw more about the methods employed by PDE/PROTRAN Edition 1 (or its predecessor, TWODEPEP) in solving two-dimensional partial differential equations. However, because PDE/PROTRAN solves such a wide class of problems, an outline of the algorithms contained in PDElPROTRAN is also quite suitable as a text for an introductory graduate level finite element course. Algorithms which solve elliptic, parabolic, hyperbolic, and eigenvalue partial differential equation problems are pre- sented, as are techniques appropriate for treatment of singularities, curved boundaries, nsymmetric and nlinear problems, and systems of PDEs. Direct and iterative linear equation solvers are studied. Although the text emphasizes those algorithms which are actually implemented in PDEI PROTRAN, and does t discuss in detail one- and three-dimensional problems, or collocation and least squares finite element methods, for example, many of the most commonly used techniques are studied in detail. Algorithms applicable to general problems are naturally emphasized, and t special purpose algorithms which may be more efficient for specialized problems, such as Laplace's equation. It can be argued, however, that the student will better understand the finite element method after seeing the details of one successful implementation than after seeing a broad overview of the many types of elements, linear equation solvers, and other options in existence.
- Author(s)Granville Sewell
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/1985
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight245 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.