All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe post-cold war operating environment, the strategic corporal phemen, the war on terrorism, and the increased public demand for ethics and professionalism in the Canadian Forces present significant challenges for the Canadian Defense Ethics Program. The problem is that ethical decision making for members of the Canadian Forces is becoming more challenging, while at the same time there is less tolerance for poor ethical decision making. The Department of Defense implemented the umbrella Defense Ethics Program in 1997 for both federal civil servants and military members. The program does t specifically address the unique professional challenges associated with military ethical decision-making. Thus, the central research question of this thesis asks if Defense Ethics Program guidance is effective. Three case studies tested Defense Ethics Program ethical decision-making guidance in comparison to two allied military decision-making models. Defense Ethics Program guidance proved effective in one case study involving a perational ethical dilemma. In two case studies involving operational dilemmas, Defense Ethics Program guidance proved less effective than the two allied military decision-making models. If the Canadian Defense Ethics Program adopted an operationally oriented ethical decision-making model then it would provide more effective guidance for members of the military.
- Author(s)John R Woodgate
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight168 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.