All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn Analytical Templates of the Yerushalmi, Jacob Neusner systematically defines and classifies the four analytical initiatives of the Bavli in its encounter with the Mishnah. Neusner questions whether the Yerushalmi yields a comparable repertoire of fixed patterns of analysis. In covering four tractates, Neusner first presents a tractate of the Yerushalmi and inductively defines its program for analysis of the law seen in context. For each of the three additional tractates, Neusner creates a log of the forms and types of the exegetical templates brought to the Mishnah. Here the tractates are outlines, showing at a glance the program of each in the Yerushalmi. Each of the four divisions of the Mishnah covered by the Yerushalmi is represented by tractate. By compiling the data in this manner, Neusner makes possible an inductive account of the whole and concludes with remarks of the two Talmuds' analytical templates.
- Author BiographyJacob Neusner is Distinguished Service Professor of the History and Theology of Judaism and Senior Fellow with the Institute of Advanced Theology at Bard College. He is a member of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, and a Life Member of Clare Hall, Cambridge University. He holds nine honorary degrees and fourteen academic medals and other awards and has published more than a thousand books.
- Author(s)Jacob Neusner
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleStudies in Judaism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.