All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a highly practical troubleshooting tool for today's complex processing industry. Evolving industrial techlogy-driven by the need to increase safety while reducing production losses-along with environmental factors and legal concerns has resulted in an increased emphasis on sound troubleshooting techniques and documentation. Analytical Troubleshooting of Process Machinery and Pressure Vessels provides both students and engineering professionals with the tools necessary for understanding and solving equipment problems in today's complex processing environment. Drawing on forty years of industrial experience in the petrochemical, transportation, and component manufacturing industries, the author introduces analytical models that utilize simple mathematics to provide engineers with the information needed to understand equipment operation and failure modes. This will allow engineering professionals to talk intelligibly with manufacturers, implement modifications required for continued operation, and ultimately help them save millions of dollars in lost production or warranty claims. Readers will find in-depth coverage of factors that can cause equipment failure, including: component wear and fretting; vibration of machines and piping; instabilities and sizing of pumps and compressors; thermal loads and stresses Gear, bearing, shafting, and coupling loading; corrosion and materials of construction. By striking a balance between analytical and practical considerations, each potential problem area is illustrated with case studies taken from the author's own extensive experience and accompanied by methods that can be used to address a variety of related challenges.
- Author BiographyANTHONY SOFRONAS, DEng, PE, has spent the past forty years troubleshooting field failures and designing machinery and fixed equipment for ExxonMobil, Bendix, and General Electric. He is currently a consultant to industry and presents seminars worldwide through his company Engineered Products. He has published forty-one technical papers and articles, along with a bimonthly column for Hydrocarbon Processing magazine on engineering case histories.
- Author(s)A. Sofronas
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight627 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.