All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- DescriptionFluorescence is a very powerful tool for work at the frontier of cell biology, photobiology and bioinstrumentation. The stated aim of the workshop was to highlight the significance of fluorescence work for the understanding of cell and tissue physiology, physiopathology and pharmacology, particulary in terms of the analytical use of fluorescent probes in oncology. In the organization of the workshop a multidisciplinary approach was selected. The purpose of the Advanced Research Workshop (ARW) was to bring together researchers in the various disciplines of tissue optics, imaging, microspectrofluorometry and state of the art probes, in order to explore the full benefits that can be derived in biomedicine through the convergence of these approaches. When applied to in vivo and in situ studies, fluorescence and related optical methods enable us to explore within tissues, cells and organelles photon effects previously understood only in solution photochemistry. Processes which can be studied at the molecular level by photophysics, photochemistry and physical chemistry can be evaluated in living tissue by fluorescence spectroscopy and imaging at the intracellular level in terms of structure and function. Thus, fluorescence adds a new dimension to cell biology and physiology. This approach is w supported by a full and versatile, rapidly growing armamentarium of new selective probes for organelles, enzymes, cations, cytoskeleton and metabolic control.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number286
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight883 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byElli Kohen,Joseph G. Hirschberg
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.