All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first English paperback version of this text originally published in German in 1966, and first made available in English in 1978. The translated version includes Voegelin's Reason: the Classic Experience , as well as a new first chapter written by Voegelin especially for this translation. Anamnesis pulls together those materials that focus most sharply upon the development of Eric Voegelin's philosophy of consciousness. One of the most influential and profound philosophers of our time, Voegelin has had an ermous impact on contemporary intellectual life where he was formerly Salvatori Distinguished Scholar of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Eric Voegelin (1901-1985) was one of the most original and influential philosophers of our time. Born in Cologne, Germany, he studied at the University of Vienna, where he became a professor of political science in the Faculty of Law. In 1938, he and his wife, fleeing Hitler, immigrated to the United State. They became American citizens in 1944. Voegelin spent much of his career at Louisiana State University, returning to the University of Munich in 1958. He spent the last five years of his career at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University before retiring there to continue his writing. During his lifetime he published dozens of books and more than one hundred articles. About the Editor David Walsh is Professor of Politics at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. He is the author of The Growth of the Liberal Soul and the editor of Eric Voegelin's History of Political Ideas, Volume III, The Later Middle Ages and Volume VIII, Crisis and the Apocalypse of Man.
- Author(s)Eric Voegelin
- PublisherUniversity of Missouri Press
- Date of Publication30/04/1990
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleCollected Works of Eric Voegelin
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Missouri Press
- Weight422 g
- Width225 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byGerhart Niemeyer
- Volume editorGerhart Niemeyer
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.