All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica is waking up to the cold facts of education in today's schools. Is it good, or bad? America cant maintain its paramount position in the world without an educated workforce. Are the children getting what we are paying for? Here is one teacher's solution to the problems of today's schools. Drop out factories are real and unless we stop what is going on in them, our next generation will t have the right stuff!
- Author BiographyRex Phelps has been involved in high school classrooms in Pinellas County for five years and in adult education classrooms for seven years before that. Reading Endorsed and with advanced studies in Reading/Literacy at the University of Texas/Arlington, the author has been researching the whys and hows of literacy since 2006. Prior to teaching, the author had a multi-faceted sales career that gives him rare insight into why schools are not working for many of their students. Just as the American business had to reinvent itself in the last part of the first decade of the twenty-first century, so must the large centralized districts that make up our largest school systems. Top heavy district administrations and school boards unwilling to rein them in create the perfect formula for failure. This author, now in his sixties, has seen the affects of years of silver bullet approaches to student performance that were only appeasement to various interest groups that created a lackluster atmosphere that has become a high school. The result is a complete lack of student accountability that results in a lowering of student achievement. This journal is an effort to provide insight into what can be done to change the paradigm.
- Author(s)MR Rex V Phelps Jr
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.