Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionFor many years orchids have been among the most popular of ornamental plants, with thousands of species and hybrids cultivated worldwide for the diversity, beauty, and intricacy of their flowers. This book is the eagerly-awaited result of over 30 years of research into orchid anatomy by one of the world's leading authorities and is the first comprehensive publication on orchid anatomy since 1930. It describes the structure and relationships among the cells and tissues of leaves, stems, and roots, and is organized systematically in line with the taxomy expressed in the OUP Genera Orchidacearum Series. The book is fully illustrated with over 100 photomicrographs and numerous original line drawings. This latest addition to the Anatomy of the Mocotyledons Series is an essential reference text for orchid scientists and research students and will also be of interest and use to a broader audience of orchid enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyProfessor Stern has studied plant anatomy since the 1950s and for much of his career, has taught in several areas of botany, particularly plant anatomy, economic botany, botanical history, forensic botany, and plant microtechnique. He served as botany chairman at the University of Florida and retired from the post in 2002 to return to full time research and consultancy. He served two terms as President of the Botanical Society of America, for which he was honored with the Certificate of Merit and the Centennial Award, and was also President of the American Society of Plant Taxonomists, and of the Washington, D.C. Botanical Society. Professor Stern was editor of Tropical Woods and founding editor of the journal Biotropica. He also edited Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club and Plant Science Bulletin. He is an elected fellow of the Linnean Society of London.
- Author(s)William Louis Stern
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight798 g
- Width208 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDavid F. Cutler,Mary Gregory
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.