All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever tried to learn anatomy from a picture book? It's like using a road map to learn geography: you can see where all the cities are but you can never retain the information. Like names on a road map, anatomical terms are impossibly hard to remember, and without understanding the meaning behind the concepts, we somehow feel we don't understand what it all means. To learn anatomy, we need more than pictures and labels; we need a way 'into' the subject, a means of making sense of what we are looking at. Anatomy of the Moving Body is a complete, lecture-based approach to anatomy that helps us to understand our complex anatomy by explaining the subject in down-to-earth terms.With nearly 100 3D illustrations, Anatomy of the Moving Body is clearly and beautifully illustrated. Over the course of 31 lectures, the author confidently guides the reader through this complex landscape and makes unfamiliar terrain become familiar. Each part of the body is explained in short, manageable sections. And the author doesn't just name the muscles and bones but explains the termilogy and, in the process, helps to demystify and make sense of an otherwise intimidating subject. In this, the second edition of the book, the 95 pencil drawings (roughly half of the book) in the original edition have been completely redone, using a 3D digital model of the human anatomical form.
- Author BiographyTed Dimon is director of the Dimon Institute, a center for the study of movement and performance. He received his master's and doctorate degrees from Harvard University and has taught and trained teachers in the Alexander Technique for 25 years. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Theodore Dimon
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/06/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note95 black and white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.