All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionAs her parents clash over unwashed dishes and unlit fires, ten-year-old Laura works hard to keep the household running. When her mother disappears into the bush, Laura finds a farewell te and makes an impulsive decision that alters the course of her family's life. Despite her anger and grief, Laura helps her father clear their wild acreage to carve out a farm. But gradually they realise that while they may own the land, they cant tame it - r can they escape their past. Anchor Point charts Laura's life over the course of four decades as she tries to hold her family together and find her place in the world. Eventually, she has to confront the choices she has made and decide where she truly belongs. This is an eloquent, arresting and quintessentially Australian vel that reader will easily forget.
- Author BiographyAlice Robinson is a lecturer in creative writing at Melbourne's NMIT. She has a PhD in creative writing from Victoria University and her work has been published widely. Anchor Point is Alice's first novel.
- Author(s)Alice Robinson
- PublisherAffirm Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAffirm Press
- Weight290 g
- Width136 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.