Anchoring America: The Changing Faces of Network News by James Lane, Jeff Alan (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionIf you loved Howard and Harry, Chet and David, Uncle Walter, Dan or Peter or Tom, you'll love Anchoring America for bringing their broadcasting years to life on the page. But if you thought you knew them, think again. In Anchoring America, you'll see whole new sides to both the anchors you loved and the ones you hated. This book will show you the real people they were and the way they approached the job. Anchoring America covers 17 anchors in 17 smart profiles that show the evolution of the job and reveal the characters of the men and women who have sat behind the desk. Anchoring America will startle you as it explodes myths. You'll discover that Uncle Walter Cronkite, the most trusted man in America, was in fact the most relentless, demanding, and ruthless competitor who ever sat at an anchor desk. That the real New York insider was Barbara Walters. That the toughest corporate politician of them all was wry, warm Harry Reasoner. You'll learn about Edward R. Murrow and the shadow he cast over all of them--as Chuck Yeager was to The Right Stuff, so was Murrow to the anchors. If you thought the evening news would go on forever as is, you may be surprised. This book traces the decline of the anchors' influence since the 1970s and examines how the evening news will change when Jennings, Rather, and Brokaw retire. Above all, you'll see how the anchors have interpreted their role in bringing the news into our living rooms every night.
- Author(s)James Lane,Jeff Alan
- PublisherBonus Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBonus Books Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight749 g
- Width238 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.