All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text by Terence Wise explores some of the fascinating peoples who comprised the ancient armies of the Middle East: the Sumerians, who were the first to introduce the use of bronze into warfare, and were centuries ahead of the Egyptians in the use of the wheel - The Akkadians, whose citizen army was composed almost entirely of light troops - The Babylonians, whose people were granted land in return for army service - the horned warriors of the Elamites - the Egyptians, with thier heavy spearmen and archers - the tribal and warlike Libyans - Nubians and Ethiopians - Hyksos - the armies of the Hittite Empire - the Sea People and others.
- Author BiographyTerence Wise is one of Osprey s most popular authors. Terence has been a respected historical writer for more than 25 years. With numerous books and articles to his credit, he has contributed more than a dozen titles to the Men-At-Arms series, mainly on medieval subjects including studies of the military orders and the Wars of the Roses.
- Author(s)Terence Wise
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/03/1981
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations, map, bibliography
- Weight185 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Angus McBride
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.