All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Complex Societies examines the archaeological evidence for the rise and functioning of politically and socially complex cultures in antiquity. Particular focus is given to civilizations exhibiting positions of leadership, social and administrative hierarchies, emerging and already developed complex religious systems, and ecomic differentiation. Case studies are drawn from around the globe, including Asia, the Mediterranean region, and the American continents. Using case studies from Africa, Polynesia, and North America, discussion is dedicated to identifying what complex means and when it should be applied to ancient systems. Each chapter attempts to t only explore the sociopolitical and ecomic elements of ancient civilizations, but to also present an overview of what life was like for the later population within each system, sometimes drilling down to individual people living their daily lives. Throughout the chapters, the authors address problems with the idea of complexity, the incomparability of cultures, and the inconsistency of archaeological and historical evidence in reconstructing ancient cultures.
- Author BiographyJennifer C. Ross is a Professor of Art & Archaeology at Hood College in Frederick, MD. She is the Associate Director of the Cadir Hoyuk excavations and has published on topics ranging from the invention of cuneiform to metallurgical technologies in the ancient Near East. Sharon R. Steadman is a Professor of Anthropology at the State University of New York College at Cortland. She has published on the subjects of ancient religions in archaeological context and the archaeology of architecture and has edited several volumes on the archaeology of Anatolia.
- Author(s)Jennifer C. Ross,Sharon R. Steadman
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight810 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.