Ancient Egypt: Two Illustrated Encyclopedias: A Guide to the History, Mythology, Sacred Sites and Everyday Lives of a Fascinating Civilization, Shown in Over 850 Vivid Photographs by Lucia Gahlin, Lorna Oakes (Hardback, 2013)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features two highly accessible books charting the mythology and religion of ancient Egypt over 3,000 years, and the temples, tombs and treasures of the world's first great civilization. It offers a full analysis of the gods and goddesses, and their roles, appearances, personalities and characteristics. It is a tour of temples that built for the deities of ancient Egypt, including Luxor and Karnak, and the burial sites of Giza, Memphis and Saqqara, and the Valley of the Kings. It offers a detailed account of the famous pyramids and tombs of the pharaohs, their queens and their royal officials. It is a magnificent visual guide with over 850 photographs and maps of the paintings and sculptures, architecture and art, buildings and artefacts. This two-volume survey of ancient Egypt explores all the main sites, temples and tombs, and investigates how mythology and religion underpinned this great civilization. The first book affords an intriguing insight into the state religion of the Egyptians, their gods, goddesses and deified rulers, and their religious and burial practices. The second book deals with the rediscovery of ancient Egypt and has a full and comprehensive survey of the temples and buildings. Lavishly illustrated throughout with photographs and plans of the sites, these informative volumes will inspire the reader with their accessible and authoritative account of this ancient civilization.
- Author BiographyLucia Gahlin is an Egyptologist who studied at University College, University of London (UCL). She lectures at UCL, and the Universities of Warwick, Surrey and Reading and has led study tours around Egypt. She is involved with the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology in London. Lorna Oakes has led many lecture tours to Egypt and Syria. Her work with the British Museum has included a teacher's guide on the Assyrian Galleries and a British Museum children's activity book, The Assyrians.
- Author(s)Lorna Oakes,Lucia Gahlin
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 850 photographs
- Weight1905 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.