All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication showcases a selection of vessels from the Ashmolean's remarkable collection. The majority of the pots illustrated were made in Corinth or Athens and exported in antiquity to Italy and Sicily, where they served as grave-offerings. The decoration of figurative scenes - ceramic analogues of designs for textiles or silverware - gives a remarkable insight into Greek religion, warfare, sport and everyday life.
- Author BiographyMichael Vickers is Reader in Archaeology and Senior Assistant Keeper in the Department of Antiquities in the Ashmolean Museum, and a Senior Research Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford.
- Author(s)Michael Vickers
- PublisherAshmolean Museum
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleAshmolean Handbooks S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshmolean Museum
- Content Notecol pls
- Weight180 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.