All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFormidable and sophisticated, triremes were the deadliest battleships of the ancient world and at the height of their success the Athenians were the dominant exponents of their devastating power. Primarily long ships designed to fight under oar power, their main weapon was a bronze-plated ram situated at the prow. This book offers a complete analysis of the most potent battleship of its time; the weapon by which Athens achieved, maintained, and ultimately lost its power and prosperity.
- Author BiographyDr Nic Fields started his career as a biochemist before joining the Royal Marines for seven years. Having left the Navy he went back to University and completed a BA and PhD in Ancient History at the University of Newcastle. He was Assistant Director at the British School of Archaeology, Athens, and is now a lecturer in Ancient History and Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh. The author lives in Edinburgh, UK.
- Author(s)Nic Fields
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/03/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 132
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight190 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Bull
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.