All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the Greeks were responsible for the first systematic philosophy of which we have any record, they were t alone in the Mediterranean world and were happy to draw inspiration from other traditions; traditions that are w largely neglected by philosophers and scholars. This book tells the story of 'Greek Philosophy', paying due attention to its historical context and the contributions made by Egyptians, Hebrews, Persians and even barbarians from rthern Europe. Stephen Clark provides a narrative history of the philosophical traditions that took shape over several centuries in the Mediterranean world and offers a comprehensive survey of this crucial period in the history of philosophy. The book includes a thorough historical and philosophical overview of all the key thinkers, events and ideas that characterized the period and explores in detail central themes such as the contest of gods and giants, the contrast between the reality and appearance, and the idea of the philosopher. Ideal for undergraduate students, this concise and accessible book provides a comprehensive guide to a fascinating period in the history of philosophy.
- Author BiographyStephen Clark is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of Liverpool, UK. His many book publications include G.K. Chesterton: Thinking Backwards, Looking Forwards (Templeton Foundation Press, 2006), Biology and Christian Ethics (CUP, 2000), The Political Animal (Routledge, 1999), God, Religion and Reality (SPCK, 1998), Understanding Faith (Imprint Academic, 2009) and Philosophical Futures (Peter Lang, 2001).
- Author(s)Stephen Clark
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- Series TitleBloomsbury History of Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight481 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.