All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Anthony Kenny tells the fascinating story of the birth of philosophy and its remarkable flourishing in the ancient Mediterranean world. This is the first of four volumes in which he unfolds a magisterial new history of Western philosophy. Specially written for a broad popular readership, but serious and deep eugh to offer a genuine understanding of the great philosophers, Kenny's lucid and stimulating history will become the definitive work for anyone interested in the people and ideas that shaped the course of Western thought.
- Author BiographySir Anthony Kenny is one of Britain's most distinguished academics. He has been Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford, Master of Balliol College, and President of the British Academy. He is one of very few philosophers who have made significant contributions to the study of ancient philosophy, medieval philosophy, early modern philosophy, and twentieth-century philosophy. He is particularly well known for his work on Aristotle, Aquinas, Descartes, and Wittgenstein. He has also published acclaimed books on the philosophy of mind and action and the philosophy of religion.
- Author(s)Anthony Kenny
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2006
- Series TitleNew History of Western Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note1 map, numerous halftones
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.