All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese are the genesis stories of a region. In Ancient Places, Jack Nisbet uncovers touchstones across the Pacific Northwest that reveal the symbiotic relationship of people and place in this corner of the world. From rural Oregon, where a controversy brewed over the provenance and ownership of a meteor, to the great floods 15,000 years ago that shaped what is w Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, this is a compelling collection of stories about the natural and human history of our region.
- Author BiographyJack Nisbet is a historian, teacher, and author who focuses on the intersection of human history and natural history in the Pacific Northwest. He is the author of the highly regarded Sources of the River for which he was awarded the Murray Morgan Prize by the Washington State Historical Society.
- Author(s)Jack Nisbet
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.