Ancient Tales, Modern Legends: Short Story Collection by Ted William Gross (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.55Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- Description<b>Ancient Tales, Modern Legends</b>, a short story collection by Ted William Gross presents the reader with engaging and thought-provoking stories spanning the ages. Covering subjects of love, loss, pain, desire, need, frustration and hope these stories are meant to entertain as well leave an indelible impression upon the reader. Ted Gross cleverly combines ancient lore in his Tiny Slivers From A Silver Horn weaving Unicorns, the story of Adam & Eve and the modern world into a tale of lost wisdom and gained hope. Love In A Cafe moves the reader within the soft aura of love until the surprise ending. Elijah's Coins leaves us wondering about the great what if of life and just how blessed or cursed it would make us to change the future. Reverieing is a glimpse of the slow descent of one individual into his own personal hell. Addiction, Obsession, Love, Tenuous Webs & And So They Danced look upon love and loss from different perspectives. A Tapestry Of War is a real war story and the consequences of war upon the psyche of the soldier. The Sunflower portrays how hate can insidiously seep into the heart of man while The Heretic will leave you wondering who the real heretic actually is. Kapparot will let you delve into the mystical world of Hassidic philosophy while looking upon man's relation to God. Jacob's Ladder will introduce you to a world of angels and their mission of silence. <b>The Following Short Stories Are Contained Within Ancient Tales, Modern Legends</b><b><i>Love In A Cafe Elijah's Coins Reverieing The Sunflower Tenuous Webs The Heretic Kapparot A Tapestry Of War And So They Danced Jacob's Ladder Addiction, Obsession, Love Tiny Slivers From A Silver Horn</i></b> This is t a book to dismiss easily. Enjoy it. Grow with it. You will in turn, be haunted by it and the stories will remain with you long after you have closed the pages.
- Author BiographyTed Gross was born and raised in New York City and currently resides in Jerusalem, Israel. Ted began his writing career in University as the op-ed editor of the University paper. He has written two children's books. The Letter & The Crown & Of Rabbit's Wool & Camel's Hair. In 2002, Ted as a reserve battlefield medic ended up in Jenin, and the battles that took place there became front-page news all over the world. The book Three Weeks In Jenin is a portrayal of what Ted experienced in Jenin. Ancient Tales, Modern Legends is a collection of short stories written over a period of many years sometimes in great pain, sometimes with great joy and certainly will make you stop and think about the waywardness of life. Ted's love of the short story art-form is apparent in this book. A second collection of short stories is soon to be released as well. He currently is working on the The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven (a fantasy work) of which the first Volume A Tale That Is Told - Part 1 has been released. Over the years short stories by Ted have been published in various venues. A Pot Of Gold, Who Will Die Tomorrow? & Memorial Day were all recently published. Ted also spent many years in High Tech as a Chief Technological Officer and currently works in developing ideas for Virtual World Technologies.
- Author(s)Ted William Gross
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.