CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides chapters on current research into ancient warfare. It is a collection with a wide-range, covering a long chrological spread, with many historical themes, including some that have recently been rather neglected. It has wide academic relevance to a number of on-going debates on themes in ancient warfare. Each topic covered is coherently presented, and offers convincing coverage of the subject area. There is a high standard of scholarship and presentation; chapters are well documented with extensive bibliographies. It is readable and successful in engaging the reader's attention, and presents subject matter in an accessible way. The book will particularly appeal to professional historians, students and a wider audience of those interested in ancient warfare.
- Author BiographyGeoff Lee is an independent researcher, and holds a MA in Ancient History and Classical Studies. He researches ancient amphibious warfare and is the organiser of the International Ancient Warfare Conference. Helene Whittaker is Professor of Classical Archaeology and Ancient History at the University of Gothenburg. Her research is mainly concerned with the Greek Bronze Age, but she has also published within various areas of Greek and Roman history, philosophy, religion, and literature. Her latest book is Religion and Society in Middle Bronze Age Greece (CUP, 2014). Graham Wrightson is Assistant Professor of History at South Dakota State University. His research focuses primarily on Macedonian military history. He gained his PhD at the University of Calgary, Canada. He has published a number of articles and papers on Macedonian warfare and is a co-editor of Greece, Macedon and Persia: Studies in the Social, Political and Military Consequences of Conquest Societies (Oxbow, 2015) and The Many Faces of War in the Ancient World (Cambridge Scholars, 2015). He is also working on a textbook for Western Civilization 1 tentatively entitled Becoming Civilized (Cognella, 2015).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight640 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byGeoff Lee,Graham Wrightson,Helene Whittaker
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.