And Jesus Will be Born: A Collection of Christmas Poems, Stories and Reflections by Adrian Plass (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by the-book-collectors
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this gentle and humorous anthology of poems, stories, commentary and reflections, Adrian Plass invites us to celebrate Christmas in its many facets. And Jesus Will Be Born is a holiday cornucopia filled with the laughter, tears, family foibles, simple joys and the rich blessings of the season. There's predicting what the turn of a page will bring in this Christmas collection by Adrian Plass. It may be a bit of verse to moisten the eyes...When I'm in heaven, Tell me there'll be Christmases without the pain, No memories that will t fade, No chilled and sullen sense of loss, That cant face the festive flame, Nor breathe excitement from the ice-cream air, Tell me how the things that Christmas should have been, Will be there for eternity in one long shining dawn, For all of us to share I love the promises of Christmas. Then again, there is this - an 'advertisement' from Plass's spoof of a church newsletter: 'How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news? The answer is - t very, if they haven't had those ugly corns treated. Christian chiropodist. Special Yuletide reductions...' Setting the poignant, the madcap, the joyous and the tender in artful counterpoint, this is a book to be savored over the entire holiday season. It offers something for everyone in every setting - family readings, personal libraries and even church pulpits. And Jesus Will Be Born speaks to the full spectrum of our humanity, celebrating the golden Christmas traditions, poking playfully at our seasonal foibles, observing our less-than-ble attitudes with an eye that is at once honest and gracious - and always looking towards the Person around whom all that is truly Christmas revolves. In the midst of our festivities, Adrian Plass gently reminds us why we need a Savior. And he points us towards the unfathomable possibilities that have been opened to us, and the joy and hope that are ours, because Jesus was born long ago in Bethlehem and is born today in us.
- Author BiographyAdrian Plass is one of today's most significant and successful Christian authors and has written over twenty books, including his latest, The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass on Tour. Known for his ability to evoke both tears and laughter for a purpose, he has been reaching the hearts of thousands for over fifteen years. He lives in Sussex with his wife, Bridget.
- Author(s)Adrian Plass
- Date of Publication21/08/2003
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteSEE REMARKS
- Weight281 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ben Ecclestone
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.