All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second cookbook from Leah Chasew in paperbackcontains reflections on life, business, family, and friends, with the recipes that bring them all together. There are special menus from organizations that have gathered at the Dooky Chase Restaurant in New Orleans for years, off the menu specials prepared for customers with special needs or a craving for something different, and a number of classic Creole and gourmet recipes, with every recipe guaranteed to warm the heart and urish the soul. Recipes include her famous Gumbo zHab and Shrimp Clemenceau; new recipes, like the delicious Veggie Jambalaya and Rice Pancakes with Ham and Tomato-Basil Sauce; and old favorites, like Oxtail Stew and Sweet Potato Soup.
- Author BiographyLeah Chase started out at the age of eighteen working in a laundry in the French Quarter, but she soon found a job at the Colonial Restaurant on Chartres Street. In 1946, she married Dooky Chase Jr. and shortly after entered his familys restaurant business, which would grow into the beloved Dooky Chases Restaurant. Over the years, as Chases expertise and popularity grew, she was able to exert more influence upon the cuisine and atmosphere of the restaurant, marrying her down-home sensibilities with the Creole food she loved.
- Author(s)Leah Chase
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note8 b/w photos
- Weight295 g
- Width203 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.70
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.58
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.74
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.11
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.04
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.