All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this distinctive study of the impact of immigration and ethnicity on twentieth-century America, Barkan thoughtfully examines the changing composition of our immigrant populations, highlighting the ways in which certain facets of the struggle to adapt to American society have persisted from the 1920s until the 1990s. Going beyond the immigrant experience, Barkan considers the ways in which second- and third-generation Americans stress integration, even as they cling to important components of their ethnicity, t only adapting to American culture but shaping it. Featuring a moving photographic essay and coming alive with first-person accounts, And Still They Come is certain to provide important food for thought as Americans once more consider the narrowing gateways to the nation.
- Author(s)Elliott Robert Barkan
- PublisherHarlan Davidson Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican History S.
- Place of PublicationWheeling IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlan Davidson Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width126 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.