Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn 23 letters written after the death of her son, the author describes her pain, exhaustion, guilt and despair. She also draws upon the hope and grace and promise that are the gifts of the Christian Church. The letters, written to family, friends, and members of her congregation, are informed by doctrines of the church, scripture and the wisdom of foremothers and forefathers of the faith. The letters engage with, and sometimes quarrel with, those resources or interpretation of them. It is this well-grounded theological reflection and the shared experience of faith tested and made stronger in the terrible fire of grief which sets this book apart. NOTE: Two of these letters were published in Circuit Rider (March/April 2001). The response was very positive among readers, including Martin Marty who picked up a long quote in his popular publication Context.
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.