And the Fans Roared: The Sports Broadcasts That Kept Us on the Edge of Our Seats by Joe Garner (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $122.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times and USA Today Bestseller!Heroes Triumphed.Anuncers Went Wild.And The Fans Roared.Feel The Thunder Again. Featuring the riveting stories that bring you back to the moment, acclaimed sports photographs and two audio CDs narrated by award-winning sports journalist Bob Costas, And The Fans Roared delivers more than forty of the most spine-tingling sports moments ever broadcast. Joe Garner's bestselling book And The Crowd Goes Wild left sports fans clamoring for more of the thrilling events that brought them to the edge of their seats. And The Fans Roared delivers. In gripping style, And The Fans Roared highlights anuncers' surprised, amazed and awestruck calls from every major sports arena--from baseball, football, basketball and the Olympics, to hockey, auto and horse racing, tennis, boxing, cycling and golf. Accompanying this book, the two audio CDs highlight the exciting moments that brought us to our feet, when heroes reached for the stars, anuncers reached for the words to describe them...and the fans roared! Relive the most electrifying sports moments ever broadcast, including: September 29, 1954 -- Willie Mays Makes The Catch October 25, 1964 -- Jim Marshall Runs the Wrong WayJanuary 22, 1973 -- George Foreman Beats Joe Frazier Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! February 23, 1980 -- Eric Heiden Dominates Winter OlympicsOctober 7, 1984 -- Walter Payton Breaks Career Rushing Record Looking for the record...he's got it! September 11, 1985 -- Pete Rose Smacks Hit No. 4,192 It is pandemonium here at Riverfront Stadium! May 7, 1989 -- The Shot Michael Jordan Beats Cleveland March 28, 1992 -- Duke Beats Kentucky on Laettner Buzzer-BeaterOctober 23, 1993 -- Joe Carter Homer Wins World SeriesAugust 1, 1996 -- Michael Johnson Wins 200 and 400 Gold in Atlanta Hear each memorable broadcast again--or for the very first time in this New York Times bestseller!
- Author BiographyJoe Garner is the New York Times bestselling author of And The Crowd Goes Wild and We Interrupt This Broadcast and is a 20-year veteran of the radio business. His expertise on the media's coverage of major sporting and news events has been featured on Larry King Live, Weekend Today, CNN, CBS Up-to-the-Minute and more than 1,500 radio programs nationwide. Garner's books were also bestsellers in the Wall Street Journal, Publishers Weekly and USA Today. Bob Costas has won twelve Emmy awards--eight as outstanding sports broadcaster, two for writing, one for his late-night interview show Later...with Bob Costas and one for his play-by-play broadcast of the 1997 World Series. He has been named National Sportscaster of the Year seven times by his peers. Costas also provided the narration for Joe Garner's bestselling And The Crowd Goes Wild.
- Author(s)Joe Garner
- PublisherSourcebooks, Inc
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNaperville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks, Inc
- Out-of-print date17/12/2011
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1452 g
- Width273 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.