All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionAndre Bazin's writings on cinema are among the most influential reflections on the medium ever written. Even so, his critical interests ranged widely and encompassed the new media of the 1950s, including television, 3D film, Cinerama, and CinemaScope. Fifty-seven of his reviews and essays addressing these new techlogies their artistic potential, social influence, and relationship to existing art forms have been translated here for the first time in English with tes and an introduction by leading Bazin authority Dudley Andrew. These essays show Bazin's astute approach to a range of visual media and the relevance of his critical thought to our own era of new media. An exciting companion to the essential What Is Cinema? volumes, Andre Bazin's New Media is excellent for classroom use and vital for anyone interested in the history of media.
- Author BiographyAndre Bazin (1918--1958) was the premier film theorist of the first century of cinema. Primarily associated with the journal Cahiers du cinema, which he cofounded in 1951, he wrote for many other journals as well. Editor and translator Dudley Andrew is R. Selden Rose Professor of Film and Comparative Literature at Yale University. His books include The Major Film Theories, Concepts in Film Theory, Andre Bazin, Film in the Aura of Art, Sansho Dayu, Mists of Regret: Culture and Sensibility in Classic French Film, and Popular Front Paris and the Poetics of Culture.
- Author(s)Andre Bazin
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note3 line drawings
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDudley Andrew
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.