All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne day in 1945, fashion photographer Andre de Dienes met an aspiring model named Norma Jeane Dougherty. It was a momentous moment, both for his personal life and his photographic portfolio. Over the next few years, he would be briefly engaged to Norma Jeane, take a number of adventurous road trips with her, and build up a stunning series of portraits which would help launch her modelling, and later movie, career. Now available as part of TASCHEN's Bibliotheca Universalis series, this collection of de Dienes' photographs and private memoirs offers an intimate picture of Norma Jeane the woman, before she was Marilyn the icon. From their trip to see Norma Jeane's mother in a mental hospital to Marilyn's visit a few days before her death, de Dienes' emotion-laden archive, often antated with handwritten tes, offers a deeply personal account of Monroe's transformation from a sensitive, ambitious girl into a deeply troubled global star.
- Author(s)Steve Crist
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Weight1315 g
- Width140 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.