Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionJust as painters of previous centuries found their subjects in the realities of everyday life, Andreas Gursky finds inspiration in his own spontaneous visual experience and in reports of global phemena in the daily media. The resulting pictures, depicted here in gorgeous full-color spreads, have a formal congruence deriving from a bold and edgy dialogue between photography and painting, empirical observation and artfulness, conceptual rigor and spontaneity, representation and abstraction. Parrish Art Museum director Terrie Sultan provides a perfect introduction to the twenty-plus works that span three decades of the artist's career. Sultan highlights how Gursky's worldview fuses the flux of life and nature with the stillness of metaphysical reflection, while at the same time situating his work within the world of landscape painting more generally.
- Author BiographyThe director of the Parrish Art Museum since 2008, Terrie Sultan has curated exhibitions at art institutions around the country and has written extensively on contemporary art. She is a founding board member of Etant donnes: The French-American Fund for Contemporary Art, and a recipient of a chevalier from the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres of France.
- Author(s)Terrie Sultan
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note24 colour illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.