All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew Jackson was the seventh president of the United States. Kwn as Old Hickory, he was the first President who championed the rights of the 'common man'. Originally from the frontier, he was kwn for being rough in speech and mannerisms and his fierce temper. After making his name as a general fighting the Creek Indians in the Battle of Horseshoe Bend and the British in the Battle of New Orleans, he entered politics, resulting in the creation of the modern Democratic party. However, Jackson is best kwn today for the harsh stand he took on Indian Removal. In this concise account, John Belohlavek recounts what made Jackson such a magnetic and controversial figure in his own time. Separating truth from legend, Andrew Jackson: Principle and Prejudice shows how deeply Andrew Jackson's actions and policies as president have affected the modern United States.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Belohlavek is Professor of History at the University of South Florida.
- Author(s)John M. Belohlavek
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Historical Americans
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.