All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAndroid Forensics: Investigation, Analysis, and Mobile Security for Google Android examines the Android mobile platform and shares techniques for the forensic acquisition and subsequent analysis of Android devices. Organized into seven chapters, the book looks at the history of the Android platform and its internationalization; it discusses the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and the Android Market; it offers a brief tutorial on Linux and Android forensics; and it explains how to create an Ubuntu-based virtual machine (VM). The book also considers a wide array of Android-supported hardware and device types, the various Android releases, the Android software development kit (SDK), the Davlik VM, key components of Android security, and other fundamental concepts related to Android forensics, such as the Android debug bridge and the USB debugging setting. In addition, it analyzes how data are stored on an Android device and describes strategies and specific utilities that a forensic analyst or security engineer can use to analyze an acquired Android device. Core Android developers and manufacturers, app developers, corporate security officers, and anyone with limited forensic experience will find this book extremely useful.
- Author BiographyAndrew Hoog is a computer scientist, certified forensic analyst (GCFA and CCE), computer and mobile forensics researcher, former adjunct professor (assembly language) and owner of viaForensics, an innovative computer and mobile forensic firm. He divides his energies between investigations, research and training about the computer and mobile forensic discipline. He writes computer/mobile forensic how-to guides, is interviewed on radio programs and lectures and trains both corporations and law enforcement agencies. As the foremost expert in Android Forensics, he leads expert level training courses, speaks frequently at conferences and is writing a book on Android forensics.
- Author(s)Andrew Hoog
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight800 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.