Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.10+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionTablet computers are beginning to appear everywhere on the digital landscape and, at first sight, they can be slightly daunting in terms of what they can do and how to make best use of them. Tablets are by means a passing gimmick, however, and in many ways they have the potential to replace desktop or laptop computers in many households. Tablets are powerful, portable and packed full of functionality for most computing tasks. Android is the operating system on a wide range of tablets and it is one of the major players in this market. As the appetite for mobile computing increases, the use of Android tablets is also likely to increase significantly. Android Tablets for Seniors in easy steps looks at the range of devices available and their specifications and functionality. It also explains the Android operating system and how to use it on your tablet in terms of navigating around, performing all of your favourite tasks, getting online and turning your tablet into a mobile library and entertainment centre. Android tablets offer an interactive, touch screen experience and the book shows how to get up and running with this so that you can quickly find your way around with Android. It also details how you can use the Android settings to ensure that your tablet looks and works in exactly the way that you want. Apps are the programs that give Android tablets their functionality and this is covered in depth, from using the preinstalled apps, to downloading and using the huge selection available from the Google Play Store, which is linked directly to Android tablets. It also shows how to get the best apps for popular activities such as travel, health and wellbeing, family history and online shopping. Online connectivity is a vital element for tablets and the book looks at connecting to the web via Wi-Fi, using email, making phone and video calls to family and friends with Skype and diving into the world of social networking. Security on tablets is just as important as on any other computer and this is covered in terms of preventing access to your tablet and staying safe online and when using your apps. Overall, Android Tablets for Seniors in easy steps shows the value of having one of these devices and presents clear and visually attractive advice, in larger type for easier reading, about joining the latest computer revolution so that you can feel confident about participating in the world of mobile computing. The book features the Google Nexus but is applicable to all tablets running the Android operating system.
- Author BiographyNick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specializes in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and traveling abroad. Nick is an established In Easy Steps author with several successful guides to his credit.
- Author(s)Nick Vandome
- PublisherIn Easy Steps Limited
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Series TitleIn Easy Steps
- Place of PublicationSoutham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIn Easy Steps Limited
- Content NoteFull colour screensots, photographs and diagrams
- Weight440 g
- Width186 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.