All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlock the Full Power of Your Android(TM) Smartphone or Tablet Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use right away with your Android device to get more done, and have more fun. You'll learn how to use your Android smartphone or tablet as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool as well as a feature-packed entertainment device. You will dig deep into the settings and capabilities of both Android itself and the preinstalled apps, developing the kwledge and skills to exploit them to the fullest. Easy to understand and n-technical, Android Tips and Tricks is perfect for beginners-and for more experienced users ready to ramp up their productivity or move to newer devices. It covers all new and recent Android smartphones and tablets running Android 6 (Marshmallow) or Android 5 (Lollipop)-with bonus, in-depth coverage of Samsung's widely used TouchWiz skin. Here's just a sampling of what this book's tips, tricks, and techniques will help you do: * Connect to wireless and cellular networks, to keyboards and Bluetooth devices, and via VPNs * Transform your device into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, and share Internet connections via USB or Bluetooth * Secure Android with screen and SIM locks, location settings, and encryption * Sideload apps from any source and keep bad apps from loading * Take Gmail to pro level with signatures, vacation responders, labels, archiving, advanced search, and secure two-step verification * Manage multiple email accounts together: POP, IMAP, web mail, and Exchange * Get more out of your Google Chrome browser, and share bookmarks across all your devices * Chat via text, audio, or video on Google Hangouts-and customize it to work just the way you want * Enjoy your music everywhere, whether it's stored locally or in the cloud * Easily capture, edit, and share top-quality photos and videos * Transform your smartphone or tablet into a total social networking hub * Squeeze more battery life from your Android device
- Author BiographyGuy Hart-Davis is the author of Windows 10 Tips and Tricks and the coauthor of My Samsung Galaxy Note 5, both from Que.
- Author(s)Guy Hart-Davis
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight836 g
- Width165 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.