All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION Android, Google's platform for mobile application development, provides powerful features, a robust SDK, and almost limitless possibilities. It's t hard to find the information a developer needs to build a simple Android app, but then what? Android in Practice is a treasure trove of Android goodness, with over 100 tested, ready-to-use techniques, covering the new Android 3.0 SDK, including complete end-to-end example applications and practical tips for real world mobile application developers. Written by seasoned Android developers, this book addresses the trickiest questions raised in forums and mailing lists. Using an easy-to-follow problem/solution/discussion format, it dives into important topics t covered in other Android books, like advanced drawing and graphics, testing and instrumentation, building and deploying applications, using alternative languages, and native development. RETAIL POINTS * Packed with more than 100 techniques * Covers the Android 3.0 SDK, designed for tablets * Advanced topics t covered elsewhere AUDIENCE This book assumes a working kwledge of Java, but prior experience with Android is required.
- Author BiographyCharlie Collins is a senior software engineer at Axioma. He has contributed to various open source projects including GWT-Maven, Android-Maven, Gwitter, and is coauthor of Manning's GWT in Practice and Unlocking Android. Michael Galpin is the architect for mobile software development at eBay. Matthias Kaeppler is in charge of mobile development for the online review company Qype, and he created or maintains the Android open source projects Signpost, Droid-Fu, and Calculon.
- Author(s)Charlie E. Collins,Matthias Kaeppler,Michael D. Galpin
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1094 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.