All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionSpecial edition of the bestselling classic, to tie-in with the release of Alan Parker's major new film of Angela's Ashes Angela's Ashes is Frank McCourt's sad, funny, bittersweet memoir of growing up in New York in the 30s and in Ireland in the 40s. It is a story of extreme hardship and suffering, in Brooklyn tenements and Limerick slums -- too many children, too little money, his mother Angela barely coping as his father Malachy's drinking bouts constantly brought the family to the brink of disaster. It is a story of courage and survival against apparently overwhelming odds. Written with the vitality and resonance of a work of fiction, and a remarkable absence of sentimentality, Angela's Ashes is imbued on every page with Frank McCourt's distinctive humour and compassion. Out of terrible circumstances, he has created a glorious book in the tradition of Ireland's literary masters, which bears all the marks of a great classic.
- Author Biographyfrank mccourt has published just one book, Angela's Ashes. It won the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award; it has sold 1.5 million copies in its Flamingo editions alone and tens of millions worldwide. For thirty years he taught in NYC schools, before, in his 60s, settling down to write his story.
- PrizesWinner of Whitaker Platinum Book Award 2001 and Pulitzer Prize for Biography 1997 and Royal Society of Literature Award 1996.
- Author(s)Frank McCourt
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/12/1999
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date05/07/2003
- Weight550 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.