All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionA taut, powerful memoir of madness, Angelhead documents the violent, drug-addled descent of the author's brother, Michael, into schizophrenia. Beginning with Michael's first psychotic break - seeing God in his suburban bedroom window while high on LSD - Greg Bottoms recounts, in gripping, dramatic prose, the bizarre disappearances, the suicide attempts, and the shocking crime that lands Michael in the psychiatric wing of a maximum security prison. A work of nfiction with the form and imagery of a vel, Angelhead enables the reader to witness t only the fragmenting of a mind but of a family as well.
- Author BiographyGreg Bottoms is assistant professor of English at the University of Vermont. He has published stories and essays in Alaska Quarterly Review, Creative Nonfiction, Nerve, and Salon.
- Author(s)Greg Bottoms
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2005
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.