All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionEilidh Duncan uncovers a corrupt clique of politicians, officials, bankers, business people and gangsters ... all lining their pockets at public expense. She disappears. Sam Duncan's investigation threatens institutional corruption at the highest level. Those at the top will stop at thing to prevent him exposing the truth. With his sister missing and his family in grave danger, attack becomes the best form of defence. Sam and his wily minder, Tonka, face a gruesome trail of violence, murder and duplicity as they follow leads. In London, Ireland and Scotland one is safe. ... a gritty, topical, Scottish crime fiction mystery with: an international dimension, thoughtful plot, ferocious action and engaging characters.
- Author BiographyDysart Aae interviews Mac Logan 'Mac Logan?' 'You'll be Dysart Aae.' Soon we were talking over fresh brewed coffee in a hotel foyer in Edinburgh. Ae: Tell me about Angels' Cut? Logan: The idea crystallised around 2008, thinking of the small 'c' corruption I've experienced. Ae: Public Sector? Logan: Public and Private ... the trusting being manipulated by worldly-wise, greedy, narcissistic, people and corporations. Ae: Why not blow the whistle? Logan: I raised things with people in authority, they weren't responsive. I was even approached by an investigative journalist. I didn't talk, more fool me. Ae: So you're angry man. Logan: No, not angry. Wistful is a better word. Ae: Vengeance? (Logan half-smiles and gazes at me for a moment) Logan: The thought of some of the bad people squirming has it's attractions. Bottom-line ... I was naive. You have to face the anger and disappointment of failure. Ae: A police matter? Logan: Who knows? It can make you cynical. Few stand up to be counted; the auditing mechanisms, up until now, are inept at best. Ae: If I may say so, you're a bit reticent. Logan: Old ground, the past. Ae: So why The Angels' Share series? Logan: Great idea: Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs accept the vanishing or evaporation of whisky during maturation. Why not apply it to contracts and contraband? I've seen a bit and heard quite a lot more. From there it's easy to make up the rest - it's fiction after all. Ae: Tell me about your thriller series and what's coming up. Logan: Angels' Cut is first, Dark Art second. The Devil's Due is due out soon. Ae: More to come? Logan: Loads. Ae: You're a busy man. Logan: I'd love to talk some more, but our time's up, and I've a plane to catch. Ae: Nice meeting you. Logan: You're welcome. I've enjoyed our chat. Thanks for your interest. He stood up, smiled, squeezed my hand with a large paw and walked away. I'd like to talk to him again. There's something he knows and he's not telling.
- Author(s)Mac Logan
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.