Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein'. Imagination, vision and a sense of the absurd come together and demonstrate that women can resist the power of god-like scientists who long to create monsters and angels. With contributions by writers from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and USA. This book should head the reading list of any course in ethics and reproductive techlogy.
- Author BiographySusan Hawthorne is a poet, novelist, aerialist, political activist and author of ten books. She grew up on a farm in rural New South Wales. She has degrees in Ancient Greek and Sanskrit as well as in Philosophy, and a PhD in Political Science and Women's Studies from the University of Melbourne. In 2009, Susan was an Asialink Literature Resident at the University of Madras, India and is Adjunct Professor in the Writing Program at James Cook University, Townsville and an ASA Mentor. Susan is Director of Spinifex Press and has played a leading role among independent Australian publishers in innovative and eBook publishing. Renate Klein, PhD, was Associate Professor in Womens Studies at Deakin University, Melbourne, until her retirement in 2006, and is the (co)author/(co)editor of 14 books. She is a biologist and social scientist and taught courses on Reproductive Medicine and Feminist Ethics. Since the 1980s, she has conducted critical feminist research into the new and old reproductive technologies including international population control, IVF (fertility drugs), hormonal and immunological contraceptives, surrogacy, RU 486 and Gardasil.
- PublisherSpinifex Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1991
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNorth Melbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSpinifex Press
- Weight315 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRenate D. Klein,Susan Hawthorne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.