All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn periods of recession, churches frequently respond to social need in practical ways. These responses are often driven by pastoral concern rather than a theology of church and society. But without theological roots, such social action can be vulnerable and episodic. This volume, commissioned by a group of Bishops in hard-hit dioceses, looks to develop strong theological foundations for local social action initiatives by churches, especially for activists who are t familiar with the Church of England's tradition of social theology, developed by William Temple and others a century ago. In exploring what a renewed Anglican social theology might look like, this also draws on the impact of Catholic Social Teaching and focuses on the core topics of multiculturalism, ecomics, family patterns, ecology and other key issues.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Brown is Director of Mission and Public Affairs for the Archbishops' Council. He previously taught ethics at Manchester University and in the Cambridge Theological Federation. Alan Suggate is former Senior Lecturer in Theology, University of Durham, and the foremost expert on William Temple. Jonathan Chaplin is a leading Anglican ethicist. He is based at the Kirby Laing Institute of Christian Ethics, Cambridge. Anna Rowlands is an expert on Catholic Social Teaching. Now based at Kings College, London, she previously taught Practical Theology at Westcott House, Cambridge. John Hughes was Dean of Chapel and Fellow of Jesus College and an affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity where he taught philosophy, ethics, and Christian doctrine. John tragically died in a car accident on 29 June 2014, just a short time before the publication of Anglican Social Theology.
- Author(s)Alan M. Suggate,Anna Rowlands,John Hughes,Jonathan Chaplin,Malcolm Brown
- PublisherChurch House Publishing
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurch House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.