All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWith his first vel since the internationally acclaimed <b>The English Patient</b>, Booker Prize--winning author Michael Ondaatje gives us a work displaying all the richness of imagery and language and the piercing emotional truth that we have come to kw as the hallmarks of his writing. <b>Anil's Ghost</b> transports us to Sri Lanka, a country steeped in centuries of tradition, w forced into the late twentieth century by the ravages of civil war. Into this maelstrom steps Anil Tissera, a young woman born in Sri Lanka, educated in England and America, who returns to her homeland as a forensic anthropologist sent by an international human rights group to discover the source of the organized campaigns of murder engulfing the island. What follows is a story about love, about family, about identity, about the unkwn enemy, about the quest to unlock the hidden past-a story propelled by a riveting mystery. Unfolding against the deeply evocative background of Sri Lanka's landscape and ancient civilization, <b>Anil's Ghost</b> is a literary spellbinder-Michael Ondaatje's most powerful vel yet.
- Author BiographyMichael Ondaatje is the author of three previous novels, a memoir and eleven books of poetry. His novel <b>The English Patient</b> won the Booker Prize. Born in Sri Lanka, he moved to Canada in 1962 and now lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Michael Ondaatje
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight249 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.