All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal Eyes provides a comparative account of all kwn types of eye in the animal kingdom, outlining their structure and function with an emphasis on the nature of the optical systems and the physical principles involved in image formation. A universal theme throughout the book is the evolution and taxomic distribution of each type of eye, and the roles of different eye types in the behaviour and ecology of the animals that possess them. In comparing the specific capabilities of eyes, it considers the factors that lead to good resolution of detail and the ability to function under a wide range of light conditions. This new edition is fully updated throughout, incorporating more than a decade of new discoveries and research.
- Author BiographyMichael F. Land obtained a BA in Zoology from Cambridge his PhD in Neurophysiology from University College London. He was Research Fellow at University of California, Berkeley (1967-1971), before moving to the University of Sussex where he was a Lecturer and then Professor of Neurobiology (from 1984 to present (now Emeritus)). He also held Visiting Fellowships in Eugene Oregon (1980), Australian Nation University Canberra (1982-84), and Duke University Marine Laboratory in Beaufort, NC (1993). He was elected to the Royal Society of London in 1982. Dan-Eric Nilsson obtained his BSc in Biological Sciences from Goteborg University and his PhD in Structural Biology from University of Lund. He was Research Fellow at the Australian National University Canberra (1983-4) and then the University of Lund (1984-1989). He stayed at Lund as a Lecturer (1989-1995) then Professor of Zoology (from 1995). He was elected to the Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm in 2002, and to the German Academy of Natural Sciences, Leopoldina in 2005.
- Author(s)Dan-Eric Nilsson,Michael F. Land
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Animal Biology Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNumerous illustrations, plus a 4 page colour plate section
- Weight421 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.