All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the history of a revolution that went wrong - and of the excellent excuses that were forthcoming at every step for the perversion of the original doctrine . So wrote George Orwell in the original blurb for the first edition of Animal Farm in 1945. His simple and tragic fable, describes what happens when the animals drive out Mr Jones, the farmer, and attempt to run the Mar Farm themselves. Animal Farm has become a world-famous classic of English prose, and is a strong political allegory with parallels to the old Soviet regime. Reader Simon Callow is a British actor with a firmly-established reputation for impeccable performance on-stage, on-screen, and on audiobook.
- Author BiographyGeorge Orwell (1903-50), real name Eric Arthur Blair, was an English author and journalist, famed for his satirical wit and socio-political perspective.
- Author(s)George Orwell
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCSA WORD
- Weight102 g
- Width128 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Read bySimon Callow
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time191
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.57
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.51
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.91
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $51.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.