All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe production of animal feed increasingly relies on the global acquisition of feed material, increasing the risk of chemical and microbiological contaminants being transferred into food-producing animals. Animal feed contamination provides a comprehensive overview of recent research into animal feed contaminants and their negative effects on both animal and human health. Part one focuses on the contamination of feeds and fodder by microorganisms and animal by-products. Analysis of contamination by persistent organic pollutants and toxic metals follows in part two, before the problem of natural toxins is considered in part three. Veterinary medicinal products as contaminants are explored in part four, along with a discussion of the use of antimicrobials in animal feed. Part five goes on to highlight the risk from emerging techlogies. Finally, part six explores feed safety and quality management by considering the safe supply and management of animal feed, the process of sampling for contaminant analysis, and the GMP+ feed safety assurance scheme. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Animal feed contamination is an indispensable reference work for all those responsible for food safety control in the food and feed industries, as well as a key source for researchers in this area.
- Author BiographyJohanna Fink-Gremmels is Professor in the Veterinary Faculty of Utrecht University and works within the Institute of Risk Assessment Sciences (IRAS). She is also the current President of the European Association for Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (EAVPT) and a longstanding member of the CONTAM Panel of the European Food Safety Authority. Her work on animal health risk assessment following exposure to contaminants and natural toxins has gained international recognition, resulting in many academic distinctions.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication11/06/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1220 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byJohanna Fink-Gremmels
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.