Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal House on Acid is a memoir by Beverly A. Potter, a neighbor of the most torious housing unit on the face of the Earth. Barrington Hall, a large student-run co-op on the south side of the University was Berkeley's last outpost of the '60s. Barringtonians, as they called themselves, held fast to the culture of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll long after it had ceased to be fashionable. Inside Barrington Hall, youth rebellion never grew old, because each year it was replenished with a new crop of 18-year-olds sorry to have missed the '60s. But Barrington became a victim of its own mythology: with a house culture dedicated to outrage, it eventually outraged all, even its natural allies. Animal House on Acid is packed with stories: it's Potter's memoir of a truly long, strange trip, which she tells in a scrapbook-like format, composed of local newspaper stories, city reports, incident tes, posters, and photographs, all of it stitched together with Potter's retelling of wild tales -- wild even by Berkeley standards.
- Author BiographyBeverly A. Potter, PhD, has written numerous self-help books. She holds a doctorate from Stanford University in counseling psychology and a master of science from San Francisco State University in vocational rehabilitation counseling. This is her first memoir. Her offices are in Oakland, CA.
- Author(s)Beverly A. Potter
- PublisherRonin Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRonin Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos and illustrations throughout
- Weight457 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.