All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth investigation into the practices of animal housing systems with international contributions from across the humanities and social sciences. By attending to a range of different sites such as the zoo, the laboratory, the farm and the animal shelter, to name a few, the book explores material techlogies from the perspective that these are integrated parts of a larger biopolitical infrastructure and questions how animal housing systems, and the physical infrastructures that surround central human-animal practices, come into being. The contributions in the book show in various ways how physical infrastructures of animal housing are always part of a much broader sociocultural and political infrastructure, where the material reality of housing systems combines with human and animal agents, with politics, and with practices. As such, the book explores what kind of practices and relations develop around the physical structures of animal housing, and by whom, and for whom, they are developed. This invative collection will be of great interest to student and scholars in animal studies, more than human studies, geography, anthropology, and sociology.
- Author BiographyKristian Bjorkdahl is a Researcher at the Rokkan Centre for Social Studies, in Bergen, Norway. Tone Druglitro is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at TIK Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo, Norway.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Human-Animal Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight492 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byKristian Bjorkdahl,Tone Druglitro
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.