CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionImmensely influential and powerful, Animal Liberation is also highly unusual. A comprehensive analysis of conditions in factory farms and animal laboratories, it compellingly argues that we should stop eating meat. A work of philosophy, it includes recipes for vegetarian food. In this revised edition, Peter Singer discusses the evolution of the animal rights movement and the extent to which his own views have changed since first publication in 1975. He also graphically updates his account of what is being done to animals in the name of scientific, military and commercial research.
- Author BiographyPeter Singer is an internationall renowned moral philosopher. He was born in Melbourne, Australia, in 1946, and educated at the University of Melbourne and the University of Oxford. He has taught at the University of Oxford, New York University, University of Colorado at Boulder, the University of California at Irvine, the La Trobe University and Monash University, Melbourne. He is currently the Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics at Princeton University. Professor Singer was the founding President of Animal Liberation (Victoria) and is co-founder and President of The Great Ape Project, an international effort to obtain basic rights for chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans. Peter Singer first became well known internationally after the publication of Animal Liberation. His other books include Democracy and Disobedience; Practical Ethics; The Expanding Circle; Marx; Hegel; Animal Factories (with Jim Mason); The Reproduction Revolution (with Deane Wells); Should the Baby Live? (with Helga Kushe); How are We to Live?; and Rethinking Life and Death.
- Author(s)Peter Singer
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/10/1995
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date20/08/2015
- Content Note1
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.