Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises rmal tables (description of rmal development) for protozoa and invertebrates widely used in developmental biology studies. The species chosen reflect their advantages for laboratory studies, the information avail- able, and their availability for experimentation. Chapter 11, which contains the rmal tables for the starfish Asterina pectinifera, was written specially for this edi- tion, which is the invertebrate section of the revised and augmented translation of Ob ekty Biologii Razvitiya published in Russian in 1975 as a volume in the series of mographs Problemy Biologii Razyitiya (Problems of Developmental Biology) by Nauka Publishers, Moscow. The description of every species is preceded by an introduction in which the advantages of working with the particular animal are stated and the problems stud- ied (with the main references) are outlined. Data are also provided on its taxomic status and distribution of the animal, and conditions of keeping the adult animals in laboratory. Methods of obtaining gametes, methods of artificial fertilization, meth- ods of rearing embryos and larvae, and tables of rmal development are also given.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight587 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySergei G. Vassetzky,T. A. Dettlaff
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.