All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionRewned for its writing style and trendsetting art, ANIMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION provides real-world applications and helps you think critically about them. The new edition offers a new Learning Roadmap in each chapter to help you gain a full understanding. You will be able to focus on key concepts, make connections to other concepts, and see where the material is leading. Helpful learning tools like the section-ending Take-Home Messages and the on-page running glossary ensure that you will grasp key points. Carefully balancing accessibility and the level of detail, the authors enable you to go beyond rote memorization and prepare you to make important decisions in life that require an understanding of biology and the process of science.
- Author BiographyFor the past two decades, Cecie Starr has been known as one of the best-selling biology textbook authors. Her texts, appreciated for their clarity in both the written word and the visual representation of biological concepts, include multiple editions of BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, BIOLOGY: CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS, and BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Her original dream was to become an architect. Instead of building houses, she now builds, with care and attention to detail, incredible texts based on this philosophy: I invite students into a chapter through an intriguing story. Once inside, they get the great windows that biologists construct on the world of life. Biology is not just another house. It is a conceptual mansion. I hope to do it justice. Ralph Taggart, Former Chair of Biological Sciences at Michigan State University, Ralph Taggert is now the chair of Geological Sciences. Professor Taggart, known for his outstanding research in Paleobotany, has taught the general biology course for over 20 years. Christine Evers has been creating multimedia and Web-based materials to supplement Starr and other science texts for ten years. She earned her B.S. in Biology from SUNY Stony Brook. After working as a research assistant studying the developmental biology of slime mold, she was awarded an N.S.F. fellowship to attend Yale, where she studied evolutionary biology and honeybee behavior. She has a strong interest in science education and serves as a member of her local school board.
- Author(s)Cecie Starr,Christine A. Evers,Lisa Starr,Ralph Taggart
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note246
- Weight642 g
- Width234 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement13th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.