All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe wanted to live in a place that could feed us: where rain falls, crops grow, and drinking water bubbles up right out of the ground. Barbara Kingsolver opens her home to us, as she and her family attempt a year of eating only local food, much of it from their own garden. Inspired by the flavours and culinary arts of a local food culture, they explore many a farmers market and diversified organic farms at home and across the country. With characteristic warmth, Kingsolver shows us how to put food back at the centre of the political and family agenda. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is part memoir, part journalistic investigation, and is full of original recipes that celebrate healthy eating, sustainability and the pleasures of good food.
- Author BiographyBarbara Kingsolver was born in 1955 and grew up in eastern Kentucky. She has lived in Greece, northern France, Great Britain and the USA. Her books include poetry, non-fiction and award-winning fiction. She lives with her husband and daughters in the mountains of southern Appalachia.
- Author(s)Barbara Kingsolver
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Most relevant reviews
- zoeg201001 Sep, 2016by
Eye-opening account of a year of eating locally...
Loved this book, well written and very readable account of one family's efforts to eat only locally sourced produce for a year. An interesting thought-provoking book, highly recommended.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35