Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.26Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the major groups of animals, their structure, physiology and ways of life. Each chapter, except the first, deals with a taxomic group of animals, usually a phylum or class. Brief descriptions of a few examples are followed by more detailed discussion of selected topics. Some of the topics are peculiarities of the groups (for example, the shells of molluscs and the flight of insects). Others are more widespread features or properties of animals which can be illustrated particularly well by reference to the group. Many experiments are described, on the grounds that it is as important and interesting to kw how information is obtained, as to kw the information itself. The text demonstrates the extraordinary diversity of animals, without becoming encumbered with excessive morphological and taxomic information.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/1990
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note248 line diagrams, index
- Weight820 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byRobert McNeill Alexander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.